Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thinking Thursday...It's All In The Name


The first Thinking Thursday is all about your child's name.  

This is the most important skill your child can have when entering school.  Your child should be able to say the letters in his/her name out of order, write his/her name without a model (using correct letter formation), and say all of the letter sounds in his/her name.  

So, get your child "thinking" all about their wonderful, unique, and special name.


*A fun idea... Have your child type his/her FIRST NAME ONLY in the comment section below the post. I can't wait to see who is practicing the first Thinking Thursday! *

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello Jason,
      I am so excited to see that you know how to spell your name. WAY TO GO!! I can't wait to meet you at the Open House. Thank you for reading the blog with your family. See you soon.
      Love,
      Mrs. Trent

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Good Afternoon Preslee,

      WOW, I am so happy to see a capital letter in the beginning of your name! I hope to meet you and your family at the Open House. Thanks for reading the classroom blog with your family. See you soon!

      Love,
      Mrs. Trent :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hello Allie,

      I am thrilled to see that you know all of the letters in your name! You just brought a smile to my face. :) I hope to meet you and your family at the Open House in a few weeks. Thank you so much for reading the classroom blog with your family. See you soon.

      Love,
      Mrs. Trent

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Peyton,

      I am so happy that you practiced the first Thinking Thursday post. YOU ROCK!!!! :) I hope you and your family continue to read the blog and watch your learning grow this year. See you soon at the Open House.

      Love,
      Mrs. Trent

      Delete

Our Blog Counter